Friday, November 06, 2009

Jazz 'Round Midnight

Joining her equally stunning Compact Jazz entry, Sarah Vaughan's Jazz 'Round Midnight disc makes for a very fine introduction to the singer's extensive catalog. As is the case with the entire 'Round Midnight series, the emphasis here is on the ballad-heavy, after-hours end of the spectrum, which Vaughan handled with the utmost class and skill. The 15 tracks mostly cover her prime '50s and '60s sessions, including combo, strings, and big band dates featuring Clifford Brown, Cannonball Adderley, J.J. Johnson, and top-notch arrangers like Ernie Wilkins and Thad Jones. So, turn down the lights, pour the Remy Martin, and enjoy.

~ Stephen Cook, All Music Guide.

Album: Jazz 'Round Midnight
Year: 1992
Label: Verve

Personnel:
Since this is a compilation the personnel differs in each song. If you want that info perhaps you should buy the CD. :o)

Track List:

  1. April In Paris
  2. Lover Man (1954 Version)
  3. I Won't Say I Will But I Won't Say I Won't
  4. I'm Glad There Is You
  5. Prelude To A Kiss
  6. Jim
  7. My Man (Mon Homme)
  8. I'm Afraid The Masquerade Is Over
  9. It's Easy To Remember
  10. But Not For Me
  11. Darn That Dream
  12. I'll Never Smile Again
  13. Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
  14. September Song
  15. Over The Rainbow


Low quality sample:





No comments:

Post a Comment