Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Open Up: Whatcha Gonna Do For The Rest Of Your Life?

I think it was sometime in 1991 when I first listened to The Dirty Dozen Brass Band. I was introduced to this bar in Athens named Blue Velvet...can a person be introduced to a bar?...anyway...I don't think the people who brought me over there did so for the music but the owner of the place was playing some great tracks. I also listened to Chico Hamilton that night for the first time as well as the great Mongo Santamaria. The selections were all beautiful. A short while later I flew to London for work for a few days. Besides meeting people for work the only place I visited was a huge record store across the street from my hotel. This was the first cd I picked out. Of course I bought a ton of other cd's which I will share with you in due time. Bye for now. :o)


Album: Open Up: Whatcha Gonna Do For The Rest Of Your Life?
Year: 1991
Label: Sony

Track List & Personnel:



















Low quality sample





mp3@320:
or

No comments:

Post a Comment